Buddy and Me
The primary courses that I teach are in teacher preparation and include instructional technologies, learning theory, foundations, and research. I’ve written about distance learning, inquiry and learning, virtual environments, mobile technologies, and pedagogy. My areas of expertise and include educational theory, pedagogy, technology in instruction, and teacher preparation.
I hold a PhD and an MA in Education (concentration in instructional technologies) and a BA in psychology.
More About Dr. Coffman
- UMW Organizes Fifth Annual EdTech Conference
- UMW professor named innovative educator of the year (Fredericksburg.com)
- The 2014 VSTE Innovative Educator of the Year
- Great Minds at Work: Educating Innovators
- Hosts Annual UMW EdTech Conference (2015)
- Hosts Annual UMW EdTech Conference (2014)
- Host Annual UMW EdTech Conference (2012)
- UMW EdTech Conference Wikispace
- Publishes Book, “Using Inquiry in the Classroom: Developing Creative Thinkers and Information Literate Students.”
- Professors Book discusses inquiry learning method
- Publishes Book,”Engaging Students through Inquiry-Oriented Learning and Technology.”
Explore a Couple of Course Projects and Works